What is Pupil Premium Funding?
Pupil Premium Funding is additional funding for publicly founded schools in England.
It is designed to help disadvantaged pupils of all abilities perform better and close the gap between them and their peers.
Eligibility for Pupil Premium Funding
Prior to April 2018, children qualified for free school meals – and if applicable, Pupil Premium, if you received any of the following benefits:
- Income support
- Income-based jobseekers’ allowance
- Income-related employment and support allowance
- Support under Part IV of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit – provided that you are not also entitled to working tax credit and have an annual gross income of £16,190 or less
These benefits have now been rolled into a single benefit called ‘Universal Credit’. From April 2018, free school meals and Pupil Premium will only be allocated to pupils with a family income under £7400 (net) per year.
Please ask in the school office for help on what you need to do to register your child as eligible.
Since September 2014, all children in Reception, Year One and Year Two have qualified for free school meals, regardless of their income.
Pupil Premium Expenditure
Please click on the link below to access the ‘Pupil Premium Strategy Statement’