Parents In School
We welcome parents/carers in school to work alongside their child before school every morning.
If parents would like to help in school as a volunteer they will need to have a DBS check. Once this has been returned clear, then the parent/carer can begin to help in school.
Parents work in a variety of ways in school helping individual children or as a general classroom volunteer.
Please click on the link to open leaflet – parent volunteering
As the World’s Biggest Coffee Morning 2023 gets underway, Royd Nursery Infant School hosted their own coffee morning to raise money for Macmillan Cancer Support. Macmillan takes the time to understand people, so that they can provide the support, tools and inspiration...
The children in the 2 year provision really enjoyed having their parents and family members to come and play at our stay and play session. We had lots of activities around our topic 'why is water wet?' The sun was shining and the children and grown ups had lots of fun...
The children in FS2 had a lovely afternoon when their grown-ups came into school for a stay and play session based around the topic 'Why is water wet?'. The children took part in lots of different arts and crafts activities. These activities included; making a...
Attendance Improvement Strategies
To improve attendance and to draw attention to children that coming to school is good, the following strategies are being used.
- Spencer Bear going to the class with the best attendance of the week.
- Certificates for classes with 100% attendance
- Certificates for individual children who have 100% attendance for the term
- End of year prize and certificate for children who have 100% attendance for the year.
For children with low attendance
- Informal talks with parents to make them aware of the importance of attending school regularly
- Letter sent if a child has attendance less than 80% during each half term
- Involvement of EWO for families where the letters and talks have not worked
For authorised absence in term time
- The parents must complete a request form
- The request must comply with conditions agreed by all schools in the locality
The HT contacts parents on first day of absence when possible if parents have not notified school.