Attendance Improvement Strategies
To improve attendance and to draw attention to children that coming to school is good, the following strategies are being used.
- Spencer Bear going to the class with the best attendance of the week.
- Certificates for classes with 100% attendance
- Certificates for individual children who have 100% attendance for the term
- End of year prize and certificate for children who have 100% attendance for the year.
For children with low attendance
- Informal talks with parents to make them aware of the importance of attending school regularly
- Letter sent if a child has attendance less than 80% during each half term
- Involvement of EWO for families where the letters and talks have not worked
For authorised absence in term time
- The parents must complete a request form
- The request must comply with conditions agreed by all schools in the locality
The HT contacts parents on first day of absence when possible if parents have not notified school.